Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 48-Trimanette- 2008 by August Hill for $14.95

This wine was one of the sweet wines of the month for the month of March 2009. The winery describes this wine as a semi-sweet white table wine with spicy aroma and a tropical fruit taste. Sharing characteristics of its parent, the Gewürztraminer grape, this French-American hybrid grape is grown in Illinois. This is not the 2006 bottle on their website, but the 2008 version. i definitely think I opened this wine too early, I think it was just bottled and their was some definite bottle shock. The taste was similar to a Gewürztraminer, but there was an aroma and flavor of rubbing alcohol with the wine that made it very acidic. It took me three days to finish off this bottle of wine, and it was best by the third day versus the first. I really like the wines from this winery so I was very disappointed. I am going to blame myself and knowing that it was a 2008 I should have known it was recently bottled and let is sit for a couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment