Friday, March 13, 2009

Day 35-Illinois White Wine by Fox Valley Winery Inc of Oswego, Il

This was one of the sweet wines for the sweet wine of the month club for March 2009. This Illinois White Wine was one of the three wines my better half and I tasted this evening in a blind taste test. It is a nondescript blend of wines, gold in color and relatively sweet with some fruit and floral aromas. We are not sure of the exact blend of grapes, we guessed viognier, niagara, but we are not sure. Both of our ratings of this wine ranged in the average and if we were not in the wine club we would not have bought this wine. I would describe this wine as slightly sweet, but nothing special. This wine is not crisp enough for me to be a great summer wine and does not have enough distinguishable grape flavor to work with food. Overall, this wine would be one that you could probably pair with cheeses and fruits due to the various amount of cheese tastes and the different types of fruits.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit, I was probably a little disappointed with this one. It was somewhat blah, and as my sweetwines lady said, this wine was nothing special, (but just ok).

    ReplyDelete