Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 237-Lindemann's 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon South Africa at Jewel for $5.00

Thank god I bought this wine for only $5 bucks because I am not a huge Cab fan, and thought that since it was from South Africa perhaps it was more fruit forward. I was wrong. This wine tastes like it was made Bordeaux style with lots of earthy flavors and smells with the black pepper taste that I just can't stand. I had to choke this down by myself while my better half and peanut were out of town which is just as well because he would have thought this wine needed to be flushed or would have made a large steak to balance out the earthy and pepper flavors. This wine desperately requires red meat which does not include the hot dog I had to pair with this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment