Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 215-Kung Fu 2008 Riesling for around $15.00 at Tuscan Wine Market in Arlington Heights

This wine was a Christmas gift from my sister. She was very proud of this Riesling and we checked out the web site on the New Years Day. This wine is one of Charles Smith's wines in Washington State-Columbia Valley in Evergreen Vineyard. I find this to be a good Riesling that paired well with Buffalo wings, shrimp salad, and chicken salad. My sister also liked this wine. I find the wine had a nice balance of sweetness and acidity with only a slight acidic aftertaste. The wine is very fruity with flavors of orange, lemon, and some apple. I would not say this wine was sweet, in fact I would describe this Riesling as a traditional style with very little sweetness. I love Riesling and think it is a good alternative to Chardonnay. I would think this is more of a spring, summer, and fall wine, but for pairing with food, I would definitely open it in the winter, which I obviously did since I opened up this today.

No comments:

Post a Comment