Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 232-Domaine Pichot Vouvray 2008 at Vintages for under $15

This wine was tasted at the Robert's favorites wine tasting this last weekend. This wine is 100% Chenin Blanc and is described by the vintner Jean-Claude Pichot as slightly dry, pure, and intense. I generally don't buy French wines as a rule due to the inability of the French to tell you the type of grape in the wine and their style of wine is generally best with food versus on its own, and I am wine on its own kind of girl, I have a 2 yr old, I can't enjoy wine with dinner, which generally lasts about 5 minutes. I liked this wine on its own, I found it to be very fruity and crisp without the grassy taste of a Sauvignon Blanc, with just a touch of sweetness to keep the balance in the wine. My sister also liked this wine, but she did not buy it this time. My better half thought this was one of the best French wines we ever had because it had more fruit flavors versus earthy flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment