Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 231-Francis Tannahill 2006 Dragonfly Washington Gewurtztraminer for $9.99 at Binnys

This wine was reduced to $9.99 from $21.99 and so being that I liked Gewurtztraminer I bought thinking I was getting a great value and I was. This wine was the smoothest Gewurtz that I have ever had without all the acidity and heartburn that I usually associate with this type of wine. This wine had great fruit and tasted very much of orange to me. This wine stood up great on its own and did not require spicy food that one usually has with this type of wine to cut the sweetness and acidity. I would definitely buy this wine again at this price point, obviously they had sold out by the time I returned the next week, but I will look for this vintner again, because I was very pleased with the wine after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment