Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 216-Gnarly Head Old Vine Zinfandel 2006 for $7.50 at Costco

This wine made out of the Lodi Valley of California appears to be the most popular Zinfandel because I see it advertised everywhere and I consider it the Zinfandel you can find anywhere ranging from $7.50 to $12.00. I liked the Zinfandel, but I think it was much better with food then on its own. My better half also liked it, but I did send the wine through the aerater in order to take off the edge. I found this wine to have a bit of spice, not over the top, but not too much black pepper that made it difficult to drink. Overall, for the price, the wine is a reasonable Zinfandel, if you brought this to a party it would need to paired with food unless someone liked Zinfandel on its own. I would buy this wine again for a friend who liked Zinfandel or for a party, but myself I would always prefer a Petite Syrah.

No comments:

Post a Comment