Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day 89-2006 Petit Syrah by Micheal and David $15 at Binnys

This wine was a Mother's Day gift from Troy wine 6 bottle wine rack, plus a case of wine which does not count since it was a 25% discount at Lynfred. This wine has the cutest label with 2 elephants on it who are drinking wine and are shown to be part of a circus. This notes on the back are very cute describing the tricks of the elephants, and their bragging rights regarding their trunks. I brought this wine to Katie's birthday party also since they like dry reds. They were a big fan, and I like Petite Syrah, late harvest generally, but Petite Syrah is my favorite red grape. This wine is good, went excellent with cheeses they served and was overall a very good conversational piece due to the bottle. I would buy this wine again, generally I don't think it is a very good party wine it is relatively high in alcohol at about 13% and is dry which is just too much on a summer day. Like I said, I have too much red wine for the summer temperatures outside and I am down to my last 2 bottles of white wine. Everyone would kill me if I tried to buy another case of white wine, but my birthday is coming up and I am thinking that it may be must since all I have are reds, fruits, chocolate infused fruit wine, and dessert wines, I may just have to splurge for the right price.

No comments:

Post a Comment