Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 73-Mary Michelle Vidal Blanc 2005 Greene County Ice Wine Sweet Dessert Wine for $17 at Binnys

This was the worst of the 3 Ice Wine/Dessert wines that we tried this week. I must add that all these bottles are half bottles at 375ml and it is still going to take Troy a long time to drink this wine. This wine is actually made by an Illinois Winery and is aged in french oak barrels for 8 months. This Ice Wine is one of the darkest yellows I have ever seen for a Vidal Blanc and it almost tastes port style. We bought because it was under $20 and in this case we got what we paid for. This wine is not sweet at all and takes like no Ice Wine I have ever tried. This wine is going to be a slow boat to China, but we are going to try to finish it before it crystalizes.

2 comments:

  1. It's going to be finish of mine day, except before end I am reading this fantastic post to improve my experience.

    My webpage ... black-love.yzi.me

    ReplyDelete