Saturday, April 18, 2009

Day 66-White Merlot by the Village Vintner Winery at $12.99

This wine was the worst of three we tasted at our blind wine tasting on Friday, Again, this was a wine I tasted at the Easter wine tasting at the Village Vintner and it tastes a lot drier now then it did when I tasted it at the winery. I, also have to note, as I think about it, that we were pairing cheeses with a lot the wine we were tasting and that probably influenced our opinion of the wine. This wine is the same color of the White Zinfandel of the Village Vintner Winery. This wine is a big disappointment, it is extremely dry with minimal strawberry overtones in terms of smell and taste. Generally, I like Merlot ok, however it can vary from the very dry to the very jammy and mellow and of course I am on the very jammy and mellow side. This is a very dry blush wine, and I going to need to look in the fridge for some food or cheese to pair this with due to the dryness. The acidity in this wine ruins it for me. Again, I would describe this wine as a White Zinfandel wannabe and I don't like it very much at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment