Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day 57- Bogle Vineyards 2006 Petite Syrah for $10 at Costco

I like a late harvest Petite Syrah. This Petite Syrah was rated 88 by Wine Spectator and was under $15 so it was a must try. This wine is very fruit forward with a slight dry aftertaste, but no long dry finish. I drank this wine on its own and I like the dark color and the blackberry, coffee, and cigar smells and tastes of the wine. This wine, like the previous one blogged upon, is not a sweet wine per say, but a good bridge between the dry and the sweet wines since the wine is so fruit forward and does not have the extremely long dry finish and heavy tannins. Mr Soroccoisbest thought this wine was dry, but not bad overall. It is not a dry wine, however, as we move into spring, I am going to move away from the rich reds and more into the lighter, crisper whites. I like red wine more than white, however when its warm a wine with a high alcohol content, like the zinfandel yesterdayat 15.6% and today's wine at 13.5% alcohol just tends to make me more warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment