Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 53-Desert Rose by August Hill Winery for $14.95

This wine was bought on the day we got engaged on February 20, 2009 at August Hill Winery. This is one of our favorite wineries and Troy called them in advance to tell them what he would be doing, and it was a very nice surprise. This wine was part of our rose' tasting that also included the Pink Ribbon Sweet table wine from August Hill Winery and the first blush of Illinois River Winery. The vintner describes this wine as a semi-dry light-bodied easy to drink wine. This wine is much better chilled and has some acidity/tartness to it. It smells of strawberry and is a beautiful orange pink color. It is a summer wine for sure, the recommendations for food are spicy foods. I this is wine is ok, generally a wine for the white zinfandel lovers it is a little too tart for me to drink more than one or two glasses. This wine stumped me the second time I had it in the game of Winerd I was playing and caused me to lose the game. I would bring this wine to your outdoor parties this summer even if spicy is not on the menu, however, bring water because this wine makes you a little thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment