Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 171-Agoston Spain's Wild Boar 2008 $9.99 at Binnys

There is actually a tilda over the n in the name of this wine, but my computer does not have it so I have to type the name somewhat incorrectly. This wine was at the Binnys Friday tasting for Spanish wines that they are now having every Friday and Saturday for the month of October. This wine is 60% Granacha and 40% Syrah and is medium body and I would say fruit forward with a peppery finish. According to the distributer this wine won double gold, and I would say for the price a great buy for an every day red wine. We paired this wine with meatloaf, mashed potatoes and peas and it went pretty good. We then paired it with some dark chocolate for dessert and it went well. Overall, the wine is on the drier side and has some peppery aftertaste, however, I found the wine to pair well with food and chocolate and to be ok on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment