Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 170-Orchard Mist for $13.99 by the Village Vintner in Carpenterville

This is the fruit wine of the month for the Village Vintner for October and is the first time I have tried it since being a member of their fruit wine club. This apple wine is very good, very smooth, not tart or very sweet. The wine is blended with Gewurtzrameiner not that you would ever know and is a great fall wine. I just made apple crisp and this wine pairs good with it, but like most of the Village Vintner's fruit wines, they are very good alone. I like the Apple Wine by Lynfred a lot too, but they have been sold out for a while and I don't think they are getting any back in stock. However, the Apple Wine by Illinois Cellars that I have bought from Wal Mart is actually terrible-I could not even taste the apple in the wine. I am big fan of apple cider and if one of the winery's could make like a warm apple Glogg versus the spice type of Gloggs, I would be in heaven. As it is, I am waiting very impatiently for the Village Vintner Glogg.

No comments:

Post a Comment