Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 166-2000 Ridge Lytton Estates Late harvest Zinfandel $25.00 at winebid.com

This is the first and probably the last time I ever bid on a wine. However, Ridge wines are renowned for great Zinfandel so I thought this was a steal since generally their wines are over $20 and they are no longer making a late harvest wine. I was disappointed, this wine was only suppose to age for 5-7 yrs and it had already aged for 9. It was ok, like a semi-late harvest Zinfandel with some up front fruit and a touch of sweetness, but not what I expected. I would be the half bottle of Edmeades in a second over this wine, in comparison of late harvest zins. This wine was easy to drink over all, relatively smooth, but I was expecting a lot more fruit and sweetness that just was not there in this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment