Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 195-Glogg by the Village Vintner for $15.99 in Carpentersville, Il

The Glogg is my favorite wine of the Village Vintner and they let you serve yourself from a warm container. I tried this for the first time last year and did not buy any stating I would get some later, and thankfully, I received 2 bottles for Christmas because they run out every year. This wine is developed from the port and red wine and added spices and is my version of hot chocolate during the winter months. I have tried the Glogg at Lynfred Winery also, and it is good too, but hands down when I get home and am chilled to the bone, I am looking for a mug of Glogg from the Village Vintner. The only negative about this wine is its price, and since I generally drink it in 1-2 sittings, I am glad that my better half prefers hot chocolate. I have only 1 bottle currently and will have to replenish my stock after the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment