Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 130-2007 Late Harvest American Riesling by Lynfred Winery for $17.00

This is our favorite white wine by Lynfred with the exception of the dessert wines, basically speaking, the Cabernet Blush. We have bought this wine before, however we have not drank a bottle of this wine this year yet. This wine is crisp and slightly sweet with bright fruit flavors of citrus. This wine is perfect for the summer very light and clean. Troy thinks this would pair well with chicken and pasta, however I prefer to drink this wine as an apertif or alone. This wine is from 2007 and generally Rieslings are best drunk young, so I think I would only buy a couple of bottles of this wine if I knew I was going to drink them in a timely manner. This wine is a great wine for summer barbeques, birthday parties, and just sipping watching a ball game. It is just too pricey for me to buy on a regular basis without a good discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment