Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 123-2008 Seyval Blanc by Lynfred Winery $17 currently with an increase to $20 at the end of the month

This is a great summer wine. This is the white wine of the month of July from Lynfred Winery and won the Governor's Cup. This wine is very crisp and refreshing, however, I prefer this wine very cold, it loses something when it gets close to room temperature. This wine was drank alone and with fried chicken and fries, and I think it did better on its own. It is light, fruity a great alternative to Chardonney or Sauvignon Blanc. The vintner states that various seafood dishes pair with this wine, which is always in short supply at my house. My boyfriend found this wine to be a little too acidic, however, I did not. I would definitely buy this wine again, however, it is on the pricey side-so I would only buy it if it was in a case situation. Currently, we just bought a wine fridge that holds 25 bottles of wine, which is completely full, after a crisis last weekend where 2 of our bottles of wine tasted like vinegar. We thought it was because of improper storage and the house being too warm, so I panicked and bought the 25 wine bottle fridge, however, it is already packed and I want to buy a case of fruit wine at Lynfred at the end of the month for 25% off. And next month is the wine tasting in Long Grove were I will need to buy more wine! I may need a second wine refridgerator-though I think my whole family would kill me!

No comments:

Post a Comment