Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 189-Purple Moon Merlot for $3.99 at Trader Joe's

I tried this wine for the first time at a summer party and thought the wine was fruit forward for a merlot. I thought this wine was much drier when I opened it, and so I aerated it and it was better. This Merlot had a lot of black pepper on the aftertaste, so I was really not a big fan and paired it with food for the most part. I had a couple of glasses on its own and it is only slightly fruity with dark cherry and blackberry overtones. I would not buy this again, even though the price is less than the cost of Frappacino at Starbucks because I just did find it a wine I would look forward to drinking. It is a great price to bring to a party, and if people really did not care about the wine and are pairing it with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment