Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 182-Old Moon Old Vine Zinfandel for $5.99 at Trader Joes

This wine was paired with barbecue ribs last night. I have to say this wine was disappointing. The wine had no distinct flavors to me. The wine was more tannic than I like and without food was totally unappealing. I like a zinfandel that has bold fruit and not earthy. I have a hard time with distinct flavors in this wine and I feel that there is a reason that is only $5.99. I would not buy this wine again, and I am going to have a hard time finishing the rest of the bottle. I started reading the wineaux blog and he is much more sophisticated on his wine tasting and has an ability to point out a lot more flavors, eventually I hope to have improved my tasting abilities to that level of description.

No comments:

Post a Comment