Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 144-Elderberry Wine from Prairie State Winery of Genoa, IL for $14.99 at Long Grove Farmstand

I tried this wine at the Wine and Dine Long Grove Wine Festival. I may have tried this wine previously at the actual winery in Genoa, Il, but I am not sure. I had a cold when we visited the winery the first time and can't remember any wines that stood out in particular. This wine is sweet and tart and a very good berry wine. It is a unique flavor, and if you like berries in general, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, more than likely you will like this wine also. I find berry wines turn to vinegar very fast due to the freshness of the wine. I am actually quite paranoid about wines turning into wine ever since I had 2 wines taste of vinegar in a week. I would buy this wine again, but I would make sure that it was this year since I think this wine is one that turns to vinegar fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment