Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day 142-Recession Noir $12.99 by Prairie State Winery

We have visited this winery, Prairie State Winery, in Genoa, Ill last winter. We bought the Pumpkin Wine at that time, and I am unsure if the Recession Noir was actually available. I tasted this wine with my sister at the Wine and Dine Event at Long Grove, Il this last weekend. This wine has a cute caption on the bottle and the vintner is reporting of having a Recovery Noir in the works. This wine is very mellow, a great drinking wine that does not require food. It is fruit forward and would be my house red if available closer to my home. I am going to check on line to see what the shipping charges on this wine since I think this wine would be my house Red Wine. This wine is off-dry which is why I find it so pleasant with cherry flavors that would pair with turkey and cranberry or with chocolate and fruit. This wine is better than the Fred's Red which I also considered for a house red.

No comments:

Post a Comment