Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day 28-Stella Rosa by 1917 Il Conte D'Alba for $15.99 at Winestyles

I am sorry the blogging took a break for a couple days, but after wine tasting for 4 days straight I needed to detox for a couple of days. And to start back with a Stella Rosa from the Piemonte region of Italy, is a slow start back in the realm of wine tasting. This wine reminds me a lot of the Rosa Regale, a sweet red bubbly that has great fruit and sweetness while still being very light and delicious. The vintner describes the wine as "From the beautiful village of Santo Stefano Belbo in Peimonte comes our delicious Stella Rosa. A refreshing red wine to be served chilled an accompanied by fresh fruit and cheese. I was actually eating shrimp cocktail while drinking this wine and the shrimp sauce is too overpowering for this wine. This is a great wine for romance, very low alcohol content, 5.5%, so you could have a bottle at dinner and still be able to drive home, or if you are looking for an easy crowd pleaser. I really like this wine and have seen wine bars promote this wine a lot for the novice wine taster orto someone who says they don't like wine. The wine has no negative attributes and if a tad cheaper would be a staple in my home.

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty good, (but I will direct you to a wine that is cheaper, and sweeter called Serena). Serena is one of my favorites, but since it's so sweet I don't know if my sweetwines lady will be picking any up anytime soon. What's that? I should pick it up? I just might do that! Oh yeah, about the Stella Rosa: I like it and would highly recommend it, but yes it will take a bunch to mess you up.

    ReplyDelete