Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lucky Star 2008 Chardonnay for under $15 from Vintages in Arlington Heights

This Chardonnay is only oaked for 3months and thank god because my only type of Chardonnay I like is an unoaked Chardonnay. I bought this wine at the Grand Re-opening tasting of Vintages at their new location, and was worried since we tasted many wines before that I would not like the wine after we brought it home. I really liked this wine, it went great with Lobster Ravioli and good on its own. Again, I found this wine not be the buttery type of Chardonnay that I can't drink, but a very floral and fruity white wine that shows a lot of character. I think this Chardonnay is cheaper than my Unoaked Chardonnay from Coopershawk so I think I will be switching out from the Unoaked Chardonnay after I finish the 3 bottles I have in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment