Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bald Knob from Owl Creek Winery in Illinois for $14.99 from Vintages

Vintages had their grand re-opening sale this last Saturday and a representative from Owl Creek Winery was on hand. I bought this wine, the Whoo's Blush, and the Framboise. This wine is off-dry and was served with italian sausage, barbecue chips, and beans and weenies-can you tell I have a child? This wine was definitely better with food than on its own, it is made from the Chambourcin grape which is generally very dry which accounts for why this paired much better with food. I thought the wine was ok on its own, just a lot better with the food. I don't think I would buy it again, but would definitely hit this winery if I ever get down to the Southern Illinois Wine Trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment