Thursday, February 25, 2010

Martini and Rossi Asti for $10 at Costco

I think everyone has had this wine before. I have found this Moscoto di Asti at most large chain retailers-Jewel, Costco, WalMart. This wine was used as a spritzer with the Black Raspberry wine from Lynfred Winery. We then drank it alone and it is ok. It is sweet, but not overly so, and would make a great wine for mimosas. There is no distinct fruit flavors or aromas to this sparkler which is why I think of it as the common Moscato di Asti, can't find anything wrong with it, but it really is nothing special. Don't get me wrong for $10 a bottle for a party in the summer at 7.5% alcohol this is a fun wine that won't break the bank and can be used as a mixer in other summer drinks also. If I have a summer barbeque, this wine would make the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment