Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 155-Bonny Doon 2007 Angel Paille 375 ml for $5 for wine club members

I am not joking, this wine cost me $5 a bottle. I get the emails from the Bonny Doon Vineyard, and they have specials monthly for their wine club members. I have balked at joining the wine club for the last few months, because the vineyard is in California which means high shipping costs, which means for 2 bottles of wine every other month $60 when I never spend $30 for a bottle of wine. However, this wine was described as similar to a late harvest/ice wine/sauternes wines. Generally, these wines are extremely pricey and sweet. This wine is very good, tastes like honey with a gold color. The wine has some legs however, is not thick like cough syrup by any means. This wine is similar to the Kracher wines that I have previously blogged upon, and at the Festival of the Vine this weekend, when we tasted numerous wines, sweet and others we found this one was just as good or even better than a lot of the Ice wines and late harvests wines. At this price, my better half loved this wine and is excited and about giving a bottle to his parents. I will give a bottle to my friend at work, I am sure she is going to love it. I may need to buy another case.

No comments:

Post a Comment